On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Patton 123 <patton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know a de-admining process is proposed practically every other day, but this
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EVula/opining/RfA_overhaul>doesn't appear
> to have had much discussion. What do you think about it? Personally I think
> it's a good idea, the only draw back being new accounts abusing it.

If the numbers really matter so much, the simplest and fairest
approach would be to a reconfirmation poll, where anyone can raise
concerns but "voting" is limited to those who participated previously
in the user's successful RFA. Sure there may still be sockpuppets or
meatpuppets, etc. for or against the user in the reconfirmation
shin-dig, but only if they were already present during the first RFA.
If we are only looking at the net change in approval rating within the
same audience, they would not likely have a pivotal impact.

—C.W.