2009/2/12 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com>:
> The
> ArbCom culls around 1% of the admin body annually

Is less than that, surely? 1% of the *active* admin body, maybe.

Ok, I've done the sums:

Special:Statistics says we have 1623 admins, 1% of that is 16.
Wikipedia:Former_administrators shows 10 admins desysopped
(involuntarily) total in the last year (to end of January), 7 by
ArbCom, 2 of which were only for 6 months. I don't know what the
average number of admins during that year was, but it looks like
ArbCom permanently desysop less than 0.5% of the admin body annually.