Thomas Dalton wrote:
> If there is only one noteworthy fact about the subject, the article
> should probably be merged per BLP1E. If there isn't more than a
> paragraph worth of stuff to say about a subject, you need to think
> long and hard about whether there should be an article. In some cases,
> there probably should, but I think it most cases such a lack of
> information is a sign that the article should be deleted or merged.

This is certainly not the case in, for example, medieval history.  It's
all relative to a background: what expectation is there of ample factual
material?

And another thing - I'd resist this in all cases where there was a place
for a person in a line of succession boxes. It is really no good merging
an article if it messes up some useful navigation.

Charles