On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM, doc <doc.wikipe...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Al Tally wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Ron Ritzman <ritz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_deletion#Proposal_to_change_the_length_of_deletion_discussions_to_7_days
>>>

>> I wonder when the plan to inform the community was? It might seem like a
>> minor change, but it's a significant one. AFD/VFD has been 5 days since,
>> what, when it was created? It's a fairly entrenched system. Pointless in my
>> view to extend by 2 days. People will simply not remember what they've been
>> practising for years.
>>

> Wow. Where was this advertised? I missed it.
>
> AdD really does seem a law unto itself. Is 45 people supporting this
> change really enough?

The same can be asked for any proposed policy change. Considering the
current size of the project I don't think it's possible to involve
enough of the community in any such discussion no matter how it's
announced. Remember the spoiler thing a few years ago? Most editors
had no clue about the change until spoiler tags were being mass AWBed
out of articles.