2009/4/16 Ken Arromdee <arrom...@rahul.net>:
> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, James Farrar wrote:
>> (b) Sanger didn't post to the list to
>> improve Wikipedia; he posted here to bitch about Wikipedia and Jimbo
>> Wales, not necessarily in that order.
>
> The same can be said of an ordinary BLP question.  Most people who want to
> correct BLPs about themselves don't want to improve the encyclopedia; they
> just want to protect their own interests.  We listen to them anyway.

But correcting a falsehood does improve the encyclopedia (even if
that's not the "ordinary BLP" complainant's motivation).

I don't believe Sanger truly cares how Wikipedia describes him with
respect to its foundation. He just wants to bitch. There's a big
difference between your "ordinary BLP question" and this case.