On 8/23/09, Bod Notbod <bodnot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think if we had almost every article you would find in a *single
> volume* encyclopedia up to featured or good status that would be a
> great foundation.

That isn't going to happen, simply because we don't have enough people
interested in, or even capable of, that kind of writing.  It's a wiki
and it's good at collaborative work, which means that a few people
write about what they know and the rest fact-check it and pick it into
a reasonable format.

Well over 99% of our articles will never be of featured or even "good"
article standard, but that says more about our unrealistically high
standards than it does about the quality of the encyclopedia.