2009/10/9 George Herbert <george.herb...@gmail.com>:

> Out of curiosity, inspired by Ian's idea -
>
> 1. What happens with a new article's visibility under sighted
> revisions, until someone stamps approval?

Under the proposed enwiki implementation? Nothing happens.

>From the configuration:

# Don't set any FlaggedRevs level for new pages
$wgFlaggedRevsAutoReviewNew = false;
# Pages display the current version by default - i.e. unprotected
$wgFlaggedRevsOverride = false;

;-)

If that were turned on... hmm. Under patrolled revisions - well, it
wouldn't be patrolled yet, but patrolled/unpatrolled doesn't actually
factor into what gets shown to users. As far as I understand the
system, it'd be functionally identical to creating and then seeing a
new page now.

Flagged protection is the interesting one - but why would a newly
created article be explicitly protected? I suppose if it *is* then
something weird might happen, but this seems to be a bit of an
improbable situation. Worth testing, though, for the
delete-then-recreate situations...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk