2009/11/15 David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>:
> It is not in fact that easy - because every slogan has to be
> translated into a pile of languages (by volunteers), and every banner
> has to be tested thoroughly in all translations

The foundation doesn't agree with you there. Well that or it has
worryingly low standards of failure.

Translation is not universally desirable as we found out with the "It
looks like something the GDR would produce" problem this year.

>(some this year broke
> in IE6/7). So there really isn't that much room to move.

>From the POV of the community fixing such things isn't hard. It
doesn't have to wait for San Francisco to wake up to admit there is a
problem. Remember "with enough eyes all bugs are shallow". Community
has a lot of eyes and is unlikely to object to fixing them.

--
geni