2009/12/18 Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Pete Forsyth <pfors...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

>> Does anybody else have an article they'd like to explore in this way? Or
>> feedback on the Celilo Falls overview?

> I'd love to do something similar! Are there other tools that can be
> used to delve into the article history? Doing something like this for
> one of the larger and most-viewed articles on Wikipedia would be a
> major undertaking.

Of course, there are past hits. Heavy Metal Umlaut: The Movie.

http://jonudell.net/udell/gems/umlaut/umlaut.html
http://jonudell.net/udell/2005-01-22-heavy-metal-umlaut-the-movie.html

"Today's screencast traces the evolution of Wikipedia's Heavy metal
umlaut page. I noticed it when both Tim Bray and David Weinberger
pointed to it, but the page actually dates back to April 15, 2003.

"It's a wonderfully silly topic, but my point is somewhat serious too.
The 8.5-minute screencast turns the change history of this Wiki page
into a movie, scrolls forward and backward along the timeline of the
document, and follows the development of several motifs. Creating this
animated narration of a document's evolution was technically
challenging, but I think it suggests interesting possibilities."

- d.