The crux of this issue is that to revert individual edits one has to go to
the page history, the pending changes review window does not permit this.

Gmaxwell and I have worked out a step-by-step process for even the least
technical reviewer to follow.  You can find it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Reviewing#Step-by-step_.22how-to.22_for_reviewing_multiple_edits

Best,

Risker/Anne