On 12/05/11 11:33 AM, Nathan wrote:
> Having worked for several newspapers and, as a regular reader,
> witnessed a mind-boggling array of errors in even the best and most
> prestigious news outlets, I have a pretty healthy doubt for the
> accuracy of any interview or news report.  If you never read anything
> other than Wikipedia coverage, it would still make any reasonable
> person question whether journalists are capable of getting even the
> most basic information right most of the time.

I think that many Wikipedians still believe in the myth that every
question has a correct answer. Never mind Demi Moore, the birther
controversy about Obama lasted much longer than it should have among
people who certainly had the resources to track down the correct
information. Asking for a birth certificate rather than a photocopy of
the birth registration no doubt added to the confusion.

My inclination when somebody who should know contradicts usually
reliable sources would be to add a note to that effect directly quoting
what she says. Let the reader choose what he wants to believe.

Another factor that a reader should consider is that she was very young
at the time of her birth.

Ec