-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Copyrights#RfC:_What_to_do_with_respect_to_the_copyright_of_countries_with_which_the_US_does_not_have_copyright_relations.3F

There seems to be a belief that images that are not copyrighted in their
own country in the absence of a copyright law OR in the absence
of agreements between the said country and the US that all works are in the
public domain. My attempt to explain anything here probably will not do
justice to any side of the argument so please read the linked page.

I merely feel the community is underrepresented as for a discussion of
this magnitude there are very few people commenting. Feel free to comment.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)