If the moderators of this mailing list are around, would they or
anyone else subscribed to the list be able to throw up some statistics
about how much the traffic has declined over the past few years? I'm
asking because looking at the archives, I think that last month
(November 2014) was the first month since the mailing list started in
September 2001 that there were no posts to the this mailing list (the
wiki-en-l mailing list for discussion of matters related to the
English Wikipedia).

Admittedly, the list has been moribund for a long time, but I'm not
sure exactly when the tipping point was reached (most meta-discussion
seems to take place either on-wiki, at meta, or on the Wikimedia-l
mailing list). What is the general view in the Wikimedia universe on
maintaining low-traffic lists like this? It might be time to discuss
what future this mailing list has.

https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/

Actually, looking at the list of moderators, how many of them are still around?

Carcharoth