Hi,

I would like to share some photos taken during the Philippines' kick off
event of Wiki Loves Monument. I still have to come up with an official
release, but I thought you can already be privy to what took place, despite
an unexpected summer downpour 60 people managed to come plus our invited
guests the Executive Director of the National Parks Development Committee,
Vice President of the Heritage Conservation Society and Deputy Director of
Creative Commons Philippines (we needed him to explain what free license is
about).

These photos<https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.319832731404549&type=1>
(posted
here with permission) we're taken by one of the attendees who is a member
of the 7,000-member strong "Bawal Mag-shoot dito" (It's prohibited to shoot
here), in protest of some government agencies' policies prohibiting
photography in public places where heritage sites are without paying a fee
of around $50, for Wiki Loves Monument we got them to waive these fees.

--

*ROEL BALINGIT*
*Wiki Loves Monuments Co-Project Manager*