On 27/04/12 13:00, André Costa wrote:
> It's probably worth taking into account how difficult it is to get the
> app onto the official app platform or how much of a bureaucratic time
> delay this would entail. From what I've heard it's easier to get things
> into the Android Marketplace but I've got no data supporting this.

An app by Wikimedia Foundation Inc will probably be reviewed faster than
one by J. Random Guy in both stores (although that doesn't mean a blind
approval).
I think it's easier to develop for Android than iOS though, as the
requirements for testing in the later platform blocks casual contributors.

> It might also be worth considering whether people involved in uploading
> images for Wikipedia (the target audience for the app) will actually
> reflect national averages concerning mobile phone operating systems.
> It's all very good developing an app that is usable to 75% of a nation's
> population, if most of our audience belong to the remaining 25% though...
>
> Andre

We should be able to extract the later looking at wikipedia stats of
mobile browsing of wikipedia (total and logged users).
I don't see any mobile stats in stats.wikimedia.org, though.

Erik, do we have such data?