When I saw the subject of this email, I thought this was a discussion
on how to choose a route for a photo walk. Since it wasn't that, I
thought I start one :)

When we made the plans for Wiki Takes Bucharest, we took into account
several criteria:
* the area should be poorly covered on commons
* the walk time should not exceed 15-20 minutes for each hour planned
for the photo walk (i.e. you have 3/4 of the time to take photos)
*a back-up/alternative route should exist, in case the main route is
blocked or you have too many participants.
* all routes should begin and end in the same place (the biggest the
crowd, the better the beer :D)

What else should one consider in preparation of such an event?

Strainu