Hi Matthew,

Op 15-8-2012 2:37, Matthew Roth schreef:
Hi all,
Along with a couple of people at the Foundation, I manage the big social media accounts for Wikipedia on Facebook and @wikipedia and @wikimedia on Twitter. I'd like to invite more participation from the wider WLM community in the next few weeks and as we start the contest in September.

*Facebook:*
The last two days, I've been reposting the top ten photos by country from last year on the Wikipedia Facebook page and it has been very popular, with lots of people clicking links and coming to look at the images (the Romania post from yesterday had a Facebook reach of 100,000 people getting the message on their wall and over 1,000 people clicking through the photos). Still waiting on the numbers from the Portugal post from today, but it looks like it was popular too.
https://www.facebook.com/wikipedia
Cool. We're also being tracked at http://www.museum-analytics.org/wiki-loves-monuments .

I'll continue to share the posts from each country in last year's contest through the start of WLM 2012 on the Wikipedia FB page, but I wonder if we can do more in other languages in addition to English?
https://www.facebook.com/WikiLovesMonuments
I can geo-target among our Facebook followers, so I could do specific posts in your language and your country, if that's something you would like. I've already shared a couple of posts from Wiki Loves Monuments Argentina, EspaƱa and Chile today, but happy to do more if you let me know in advance and provide the text for me in your language (or if you've already shared in your language on Facebook, I can just re-share it there).

*Twitter:*
I hope you can help me coordinate @wikipedia tweets as well. If you are going to be doing a tweet from your national WLM account (or your Chapter or personal accounts) and want me to re-tweet it, please let me know. I've tried to find relevant tweets already, but may have missed some. If you haven't seen me retweet a message, please let me know.
Maybe we can also get some big accounts like @creativecommons or @jimmy_wales to pick up on this?

This link seems to catch most relevant tweets: http://tinyurl.com/wlmtwitter

Maarten