On 23/07/13 18:14, Michael Maggs wrote:
How will the international jury know which entries are connected in some
way with WW1, as that will often not be obvious from the photo itself.
In the UK, the photos will typically be of old buildings and not obvious
war memorials Presumably an explanation of the wartime relevance would
need to be added during upload, but will there also be a flag for the
uploader to tick? Otherwise, it will be difficult for the international
team to pull out all of the photos that are potentially eligible for the
WW1 award.

Michael

This was a very good point. IMHO there should be a template used to mark this (with an argument explaining the relationship).

If we're lucky maybe we can get a checkbox in the upload wizard to say "This is a monument related to World Ward I (and thus also eligible to participate in the Europeana Prize)" (with a new field to fill the reason that appears when checked)