Indeed :-)

We are planing several various activities together with our local
partners - mainly various heritage NGO's. Most of them are photo-walks
with local, professional  guides or local thematic contests with their
own jury and prizes. We are especially happy that many of these events
will happen in small towns.

On September 7th - there will be photo-walk along "Katowice  XIX/XX
century architecture path" organised by Sileasian Centre for Heritage.

On September 14 there will be a photo-walk and wikiworkshop in Upper
Silesia Etnographic Park in Chorzów. The idea is to let people take
photos in the Park and then teach them how to upload their photos and
moreover - how to use them in Wikipedia. The final accord of this even
will be a bonfire with with some free sausages :-)

On 28 September there will be a photo-walk along old wooden churches
path in Sieraków and Rudnice (SIlesia) with unique possibility to take
pictures of their interiors (which is normally forbiden due to safety
reasons).

Portal: http://mapakultury.pl is about to organise their own
side-contest. The contest idea is to document "forgotten monuments" -
not only by taking sets of photos and sending them to Commons, but
also adding to them new articles in Wikipedia in order to have some
kind of "story about the forgotten monument".

3 NGO-ses from Lublin are about to organise their own local contests.
The official opening of the contest will be announced in "Bram Grodzka
- Teatr NN" headqaurter  on August 31 - there is going to be a press
conference and wikiworkshop + small celebration with presentation of
last year WLM pictures from the Lublin area.

Then, on September 1, 8, 15 and 22 - the local association of
photographers from Lublin will organise a series of thematic
photo-tours with guide - in Lublin, but also in small satelite towns
around Lublin.

Several other NGO-ses from other parts of Poland hopefull will
announce their ideas soon.

Anyway - what is really great with having many partners - that they do
the good work without our big effort ;-)

2013/8/29 Lodewijk <lodew...@effeietsanders.org>:
> Sounds great! Please indeed share your inspiring events!
>
> Lodewijk
>

> 2013/8/29 <va...@riseup.net>
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> As WLM will start in just 3 days, I wander if anyone wants to (or did)
>> share  the events you organize in your country to get as much participants
>> and as much (media) attention as possible,
>>
>> Maybe you find our outreach event inspiring :)
>>
>> We will start with a flash-mob in Yerevan (capital of Armenia). We have a
>> group of 20-40 people who are very interested in participating. We'll ask
>> them to come to a central square wearing WLM T-shirts and at a given
>> moment they will all together, "suddenly" start to photograph monuments of
>> this square.
>>
>> Then they will split in smaller groups and go photograph elsewhere. We
>> will give them printed lists of monuments, as well as flyers to distribute
>> them.
>>
>> At the end of the day everyone will come to the city library, where we
>> will have an "upload party" (or "upload-a-thon").
>>
>> We are going to do the same event in other cities as well.
>>
>> We think, this will attract more people to take part to the competition.
>> Besides, the monuments of these cities will be well documented in
>> Commmons.
>>
>> So, how about you?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Vachagan