 Subject: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Central Notice WLE
 To: "Wiki Loves Monuments Photograph Competition"
<wikilovesmonuments@lists.wikimedia.org>
 Date: Monday, April 28, 2014, 12:32 PM

 Hello Romaine,

 you helped us with WLM Central Notice last year and we
 met at WikiCon in Karlsruhe. Many thanks again for your
 help.

 Austria will take part in Wiki Loves Earth this year.
 The upload for the contest begins as of May 1st 0:00 and
 ends on May 31st 23:59. Last year we had WLPA in May. We
 would like to have a central notice with the same data for
 WLE this year. We had it visible on de:WP and on Wikimedia
 Commons as far as I can see. For the Users which logged in
 with an IP from Austria, who had German as a default
 language on Commons, it was in German for the others it was
 in English. Both, IPs and logged in regular users could read
 it. Ther was a discussion on how many percent of the time
 the Cantral Notice would be visible, not to be boring too
 much for regular contributers. At last everybody was
 satisfied with the time, the banner was visible all over the
 month of May 2013. But I do not know the data of the
 settings for WLPA in May last year. I think for WLM in
 September 2013 we had similar settings.

 I spoke to several "officials" of WLE
 international (Ukraine), but me and even Lodewijk did not
 get answers to the questions about central notice for WLE in
 May 2014. I wonder, if other countries have set up banners
 for the central notice. Most of them will begin in May
 2014.

 I want to ask you if you kindly could set up a central
 notice for the upload campaign for WLE, beginning with the
 first of May. The campaign on Commons itself could be
 installed by User:AlexX for the people uploading via the
 Austrian lists of Natural Monuments.

 I can send you the draft for the graphics of the
 banner as a PDF with next mail

 Which format do we need for the graphics? As in WLM it
 has the Logo of WLE on the left side and a photo of a
 Natural Monument on the right side.

 Many thanks in advance

 Beppo

 from WM AT