Hi,
I think that non-monuments should not be eligible for winning the contest. It
is unfortunate, but such images should be disqualified.
>From our (Ukraine) experience I can share a story from last year: we have
>found a 1900 church in a small village, its photo was in top-10 but we had to
>disqualify it as it was not a monument (blog post:
>http://wikilovesmonuments.org.ua/mykolaiv-oblast/ , the photo in question is
>in the bottom). We have contacted all possible authorities and they all
>confirmed that this church is not a monument, but the application for monument
>status is in draft stage since 1992. Result: this year the church was added to
>the official register of monuments following our request (blog post :
>http://wikilovesmonuments.org.ua/usi-v-berezanskyi-raion/ )
To sum up: * if it is not a monument and it should not be a monument, this
photo should not take part in WLM * if it is not a monument and you think it
should be a monument, try to ask your government to add it to the lists,
sometimes it works * in any case, this photo should not be in top-10.
Best regards, Mykola Kozlenko (NickK) WLM Ukraine