Hello,

I wanted to let you know that on behalf on the WLM international team, I
submitted to the community wishlist [1] the project: “An organizer
dashboard for multimedia contribution drives”.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2017_Community_Wishlist_Surv
ey/Programs_and_events/An_organizer_dashboard_for_multimedia
_contribution_drives

This idea started at the team offsite meeting of last year. I hope you find
it interesting too. :) Feel free to comment, whether to support it or to
raise potential problems with the idea as currently framed.

There was something I would like to clarify to you, local organizers. In
this project proposal, I outline issues that we identified as being common
in WLM (and similar competitions) − but that does not mean they happen all
the time, everywhere :)

So for example, when I write that « monitoring the large volumes of
contributions may often fall back on the shoulders of Wikimedia Commons
editors » − I know for a fact that many many local organizer teams do an
amazing job checking every single upload − but I mean that there is nothing
that makes it really easy for them to do it.

Same, when I write that « it may take months before participants hear back
from the organizers » − I know that some organisers make a point to follow
up with every uploader − but that then again, there is no easy way of doing
it.

The dashboard idea is to provide an easy, obvious and scalable way of
performing actions that many local organizer teams have solved at the local
level.

Thanks,
--
Jean-Frédéric