For archive happiness: WLM-IR folks discussed and we decided to run
for this year's contest.

Romain: I'll get in touch with you momentarily to ask for your help.

If it's helpful for other (potential) organizers to have more context:

We've had a couple of issues in the past years that we would have
liked to have time to work on and address for this year:
* How to encourage the upload of photos from less known monuments.
Wiki Loves Monuments Spain and Ukraine have done a really good job on
this front and we would have loved to be able to learn from their
experience.
* We have not been able to allocate enough bandwidth to categorize or
use the photos that have been uploaded over the past years as much as
we would have liked to.

The above being said, after more discussions, we decided to organize
WLM-IR for 2020 because:
1) This is something part of the photographer/participant community in
Iran seems to look forward to and we think we can pull it off even
with our very limited resources.
2) More high quality photos coming in is a good thing for Wikipedia
and we don't want to let the perfect be the enemy of good, as in:
someday we or someone else will be able to use the high quality photos
to improve articles and Wikidata items. For now, we can help keep the
flow of photos coming in.
3) This is a fun activity for us as organizers. It's an excuse for us
to talk more with each other, get mad together and at each other, ;)
laugh more, and build stronger relationships.
4) Every year by running a contest we have at least some more people
who learn about free licenses and how they can contribute to WP/WM.
We're happy to see that continue.

Best,
Lily, with the WLM-IR hat

--