Hi Michelle,

I am sure there were situations before when unofficial lists were used. I
have been involved in the organization of WLM in Russia for many years,
there are some  official lists but there is no single complete list, so we
had to compile our own database using a lot of sources. The database is
incomplete and certainly unofficial but we still have been using it for
years.

As soon as there is a list which is closed and the participation rules are
clear, I do not see any significant problems.

(Having said this, I am not on the international jury, and at the end they
decide what is accepted as international submissions. The St. Eustachius
jury can decide anything concerning the competition at the country level).

Best regards
Yaroslav