Hi Erik,

Il 23/Giu/2016 05:39, "Erik Moeller" <eloque...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Dear Cristian,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about the strike!  I'll be arriving on Friday
> by plane at MXP at 11:10 AM and was planning to take the recommended
> Milano Central->Varenna Esino->Esino Lario route by train/bus.
> Searching on the trenord.it site and trentitalia.com site currently
> shows no interruption of service on those routes.
>
> Do we know at this point whether these routes will be affected, and if
> so, is there a recommended alternative?

I checked on the website of Trenord (the train company managing trains in
Lombardy) and there are no updates. They should publish the list of
guaranteed trains[1], so it is worth checking again.

In general, there are two periods of guaranteed local trains:
* from 6:00 to 9:00
* from 18:00 to 21:00

They advice to use the Trenord app to check for updates on the availability
of your trains:
* for iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/trenord-timetable-general/id973483529?mt=8
* for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.nordcom.app