----- Original Message ----- From: "Victor Vasiliev" <vasi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Watchlist email notifications enabled on all wikis

Please, do not enable this feature by default. A lot of people do not
like > 10 emails/day in their mailbox, and I have such amount of
watchlisted edits even in smaller projects like Meta.

Agree. The whole thing seems a tad unnecessary to me, since most users tend to contribute to their home language wikipedia, and perhaps Commons, but little else. A talk page edit is therefore unlikely to be important enough to need immediate action, but if the issue *is* important, a more focussed email may be sent to SUL users. Perhaps this might be a more useful option.