On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 10:55:42 -0400, Newyorkbrad wrote:

The more intriguing question to me, as an editor who has been a member of
the English WP ArbCom for five years, is why French has decided to no
longer have an ArbCom. Or is it just that there is disagreement about the membership or method of picking the ArbCom? (The Meta discussion is
not completely clear.)

Newyorkbrad

If I understood it correctly, they just failed to elect one. I am not even sure that they actually decided to abolish the Arbcom. I did not go into details and may be wrong though.

Cheers
Yaroslav