Le 2013-04-24 12:35, Denny Vrandečić a écrit :
3) Wiktionary could be an even more amazing resource if we would finally tackle the issue of structuring its content more appropriately. I think Wikidata opened a few venues to structure planning in this direction and provide some software, but this would have the potential to provide more support for any external project than many other things we could tackle

If you have any information/idea related to Wikitionary structuration, please share it on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiktionary_future

One idea I have been mulling over for years is basically how can we use
this advantage for the task of creating content available in many
languages. Wikidata is an obvious attempt at that, but it really goes only so far. The system I am really aiming at is a different one, and there has been plenty of related work in this direction: imagine a wiki where you
enter or edit content, sentence by sentence, but the natural language
representation is just a surface syntax for an internal structure.

I don't understand what you mean. To begin with, I doubt that sentence is the good scale to translate a natural language discourse. Sure some time you may translate one word with one word in an other language. Sometime you may translate a sentence with one sentence. Sometime you need to grab the whole paragraph, or even more, and sometime you need to have a whole cultural background to get the meaning of a single word in the current context. To my mind, natural languages deals with more than context free language. Could a static "internal structure" deal with such a dynamics?

Your
editing interface is a constrained, but natural language.

This is realy where I don't see how you hope to manage that.

Now, in order to
really make this fly, both the rules for the parsers (interpreting the input) and the serializer (creating the output) would need to be editable by the community - in addition to the content itself. There are a number of major challenges involved, but I have by now a fair idea of how to tackle
most of them (and I don't have the time to detail them right now).

Well I'll be curious to have more information, like references I should read. Otherwise I'm affraid that what you says sounds like the Fermat's Last Theorem[1] and the famous margin which was too small to contain Fermat's alleged proof of his "last theorem".

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat%27s_Last_Theorem

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/