Benjamin Lees wrote:
> The way this whole affair was undertaken was unfortunate, but that can be
>smoothed over with apologies.  The remaining issue is that the wrong
>decision was made, and there's no way to fix that except to reverse the
>decision.

This. It's not about making a mistake (or even a series of mistakes):
that's to be expected by any person doing anything. Making (and learning
from) mistakes is part of being human. The relationship here has certainly
been damaged, but to move forward, I don't think acknowledging that
mistakes were made is sufficient. It's about making things right.

It's particularly frustrating that wikis make mistakes very easy to undo
and yet somehow that process has completely failed us here. We encourage
boldness, as the next steps (a reversion and discussion) are supposed to
be easy. I suppose this principle doesn't apply to a wiki coup.

MZMcBride