On Wed, 13 Nov 2013, Marco Chiesa wrote:

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com
wrote:

Hoi
I know several authors who publish and use their original text to publish
on Wikipedia as well.. This is another source of false positives because
they have the copyright to the original source... To recognise this you
have to be even more sophisticated.

Actually, we consider these as copyvios, we delete the text straight away,
and we tell the editor "if you're the author write to OTRS". Of course, if
the text is already somewhere else under a compatible free-license, we
don't need this. Until you can't be sure that User:MrX is actually the
physical person MrX, we need to protect the author's right.

But an automated tool can not know whether OTRS verification has happened or not.

----
Chris McKenna

cmcke...@sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna