Dear all,

as you know the project "Wikipedians in European Parliament" will start
by Monday. Most participants are already on their way to Strasbourg and
will arrive Sunday evening. I am one of them and am looking forward to
this project.

As I did some preparation some "last words" from me:
* we got 50 participants from 9 countries, speaking 19 languages
* the European Commission is also happy to see us - a bonus!
* Wikidata is important! I guess this is the first "Edit-a-thon-like"
project based on Wikidata. Not even one MEP has all important properties
filled in.

As an overview and summary of the work that should be done and the
achievements of this project, we have created a few pages on Commons:

Figures before / after this project:
*
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikipedians_in_European_Parliament/Evaluation

MEPs and existing photos:
*
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikipedians_in_European_Parliament/Lists_of_pictures

MEPs and existing articles / sitelinks:
*
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikipedians_in_European_Parliament/Lists_of_articles

MEPs and existing Wikidata statements:
*
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikipedians_in_European_Parliament/Wikidata

See you in Strasbourg or simply enjoy our work :-)

Thanks to the Wikimedia Foundation to support this project with a PEG
grant and the chapters to support their volunteers by paying for their
travel and lending equipment!

Regards,

Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch