Oliver Keyes, okeyes at wikimedia.org, wrote:

>... I don't see a lot of things that are likely enough to succeed
> and provide a meaningful impact....

That's how I feel about copyright term extension efforts, but we have
been standing firm on them as a defense against the very real
possibility of losses to the public domain. The sources which speak on
the topics affecting volunteer lives can only go so far. At some point
volunteers need to help say which efforts we think are most likely to
help achieve our goals, including the existential threat of volunteer
attrition.

Here is an alternative survey method, also appropriate for statistical
sampling and independent validation, which includes a way for everyone
to add their own suggestions in-line in real time:

http://www.allourideas.org/wmfcsdraft

>... lawyers would likely consider this absolutely anathema
> to our legal restrictions around lobbying....

The legal department has had plenty of time to raise objections to any
of the specific proposals. I would personally love for the Foundation
to support a slate of candidates if volunteers could manage meaningful
endorsements tied to the mission, but in the US at least, that line is
drawn between issues and candidates, with parties being on the
candidate side of that line. I wonder if it would be legal to formally
endorse a green donkey in the US.

Best regards,
James