Steve Zhang wrote:
>It probably means nothing, but the other day I noticed that the Executive
>Director post had been removed from the Job Openings page on the WMF wiki
>and was curious. Has there been an update on the search for the new ED,
>has Sue decided to stay or was it all just a coincidence and nothing has
>changed? :)

Hi.

The job posting being taken down was already noted on Meta-Wiki.[1]

On 10 March 2014, Jan-Bart posted a status update[2] to Meta-Wiki:

---
As mentioned before we have taken a different tactic in finding new
candidates and we have met with several people and we have had several
meetings with candidates with two or more members of the Transition Team.

We are at a point where we have three candidates that we all feel are
great. We hope to speak to them in the coming week or two and hope to go
into the final process (reference checking, terms negotiation etc.) after
that. We would then likely be looking to announce the new ED in May.

Sue touched upon this subject during the Metrics update which took place
on March 6th.[3] (recorded; although the whole meeting is interesting the
ED Search update is from the 31st minute onwards)

Jan-Bart de Vreede
---

MZMcBride

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Permalink/7861323#March.3F