I just wanted to drop everyone a note about the two sessions in Berlin on
Sunday morning about the Affiliate Selected Board Seats.

I regret it proved impossible to stream or properly record the Q&A session
- we did not have appropriate equipment to capture audio. Nevertheless we
heard speeches from Alice, Frieda and Patricio, the latter taking part
remotely from Argentina. Unfortunately some nearby church bells started
ringing during Patricio's speech, but after they fell silent Patricio was
able to continue. Anders was not able to join in by videocall, but was able
to answer questions posed to him by email.

I would also like to say a little about the closed discussion session.
About 40 people attended, including at least one person from most of the
chapters present and Amical. We also invited User Group representatives to
participate in the discussion and a number did so. Generally, it was a
thoughtful discussion about the needs of the WMF Board and the movement.

Everyone is welcome to continue to pose questions on Meta, here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2014/Questions

A final list of candidates will be announced on or shortly after 15 April
(tomorrow) and organisations have until 31 May to cast votes.

Many thanks,

Chris Keating