Anne, there are really well-established systems of scholarly peer review.
There is no need to reinvent the wheel, or add distractions such as
infoboxes and other bells and whistles.

I find it extraordinary that, after 13 years, a project designed to make
the sum of human knowledge available to humanity, with an annual budget of
$50 million, has no clue how to measure the quality of the content it is
providing, no apparent interest in doing so, and no apparent will to spend
money on it.

For what it's worth, there was a recent external study of Wikipedia's
medical content that came to unflattering results:

http://www.jaoa.org/content/114/5/368.full

---o0o---

Most Wikipedia articles for the 10 costliest conditions in the United
States contain errors compared with standard peer-reviewed sources. Health
care professionals, trainees, and patients should use caution when using
Wikipedia to answer questions regarding patient care.

Our findings reinforce the idea that physicians and medical students who
currently use Wikipedia as a medical reference should be discouraged from
doing so because of the potential for errors.

---o0o---