On 24/05/2014, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:
> Others are uncomfortable because the incoming ED has a
> partner who is active in the community, and that is a new thing.

No, churning politics off-wiki and then bringing issues raised
off-wiki on-wiki, is not being active in the community, presuming you
mean the community who actually enjoy contributing to Wikimedia
projects.

> I suggest we set the words aside for the time being and start letting
> our actions speak for themselves.

Yes, good strategy, let's do it.

Apart from a few minutes responding on this email thread, yesterday I
sorted out some "missing" very large images of 19th C. cartoons[1]
which have been part of a pattern of problematic tiffs under
discussion on bugzilla, and today I have been checking up on some
tricky conflicting sources for the Warren Cup article in the hope to
eventually get it to Good Article status regardless of it including a
depiction of anal sex.[2] These are the sort of content based mildly
contentious, but positive, action that everyone likes to see. I'll get
on with them.

Links
1.
http://tools.wmflabs.org/catscan2/quick_intersection.php?lang=commons&project=wikimedia&cats=British+Cartoon+Prints+Collection%0D%0AGWToolset+Batch+Upload&ns=6&depth=12&max=30000&start=0&format=html&redirects=&callback=
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Cup

Fae