On 29 May 2014 07:13, Thomas Morton <morton.tho...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > Child Protection- I'd like to hear about ways that policy might be
> > changed here to better protect children, especially given some of the
> > content on Commons. I'd also like to hear about specific examples of
> > content on Commons that a parent might not find appropriate for their
> > children. Note that this is not a repeat of the discussion to
> > understand what policies are in place, as I have already opened a
> > specific thread for that.
> >

> You seem to have conflated two items here... one is the idea of child
> protection, and the other is of objectionable items on commons. I don't
> think that in any way works.

Indeed, and the "unexpected search results on Commons" matter has been
discussed at length here and on the projects, and at length, and recently.
 I don't think there's any reluctance to discuss this, there is a general
consensus that there's a problem, but different folks offer different
solutions.  On the other hand, coming out with ways to protect minors from
predators on our projects, without throwing out the bathwater as well,
would probably be an interesting discussion that I don't recall being
raised here recently.

Cheers,
Craig