*Philippe Beaudette * \\  Director, Community Advocacy \\ Wikimedia
Foundation, Inc.
 T: 1-415-839-6885 x6643 |  phili...@wikimedia.org  |  :
@Philippewiki<https://twitter.com/Philippewiki>

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Chad Horohoe <choro...@wikimedia.org>wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:08 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>
> > I just want to chime in here that I really enjoyed reading Molly and
> > John's recent posts in this thread. Simply fantastic posts.
> >
> > I also loved posts from Thomas, Erik, and Milos in other threads from
> > the past day. I think this month of wikimedia-l has made me more
> > appreciative of some of the wonderful people in the Wikimedia movement
> and
> > I'm grateful for that.
> >

> This.

Yep.

> > And for anyone feeling discouraged about where we are right now, you need
> > only consult <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/> for
> > memories of bumpy times past that ultimately turned out pretty great. (I
> > got curious the other evening... check out June 2007 for Florence's
> > announcement of Sue's arrival to the Wikimedia Foundation and November
> > 2007 and December 2007 for her transition to Executive Director. It's
> > pretty good reading and it made me feel a bit better.)
> >

> 2007 was...oh man.
>
> I was such an immature asshat. How the heck did I never get banned?

What surprises me is how many of the names on the June 2007 archive are
people we still hear from.  Here's to old-timers.  :)

pb