Hi Yves,

The Wikimedia Foundation runs a project called the Arab World Education
Program that I hear is successful. You can read about it on the Wikimedia
Blog and in the "This Month in Education" newsletter. I haven't heard of an
Arab country providing a national-level endorsement to the program but I
would welcome that equally with news of official endorsements from any
other region.

Personally I feel that Wikimedia projects are an excellent place for people
from diverse cultures and nationalities to work together in much the same
way that study abroad trips provide opportunities for people to learn about
other cultures and nations. On English Wikipedia we have people from many
nations who work together on articles of international interest. I am proud
that we collaborate in this way.

Pine