On 9 August 2014 09:58, David Cuenca <dacu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> User:Vlsergey from ruwiki presented yesterday at the Wikidata Meetup a new
> wonderful infobox editor for Wikipedia infoboxes:
>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Project_chat#Edit_directly_from_infocard_.2F_infobox
>
> And also an improved authority template which you can see in action at
> Obama
>
> https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0,_%D0%91%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BA#.D0.A1.D1.81.D1.8B.D0.BB.D0.BA.D0.B8
>
> Plus some interfaces for editing person info, taxons, and work/edition
> source info:
>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2014/07#WEF_gadgets_update
>
> I think these are great improvements for editing wikidata from wikipedia
> and I hope you can spread the word in your local wikis about these
> wonderful tools.

​This is really interesting, thank you!​

I wonder how much of this could be integrated into VisualEditor (possibly
as a "page settings" panel?), and/or into its own tab rather than as being
stuffed into the "page tools" box where it doesn't really belong.

I'd also be interested in thoughts from fellow Wikiwranglers
("Wikidata-ians") of the effect of making these edits really easy without
also making the feedback loop of community comment and policy expecations
clear.

​J.
--
James D. Forrester