Hola la todos.

I think I do not say nothing new:

Most files are under a free license or FUR either of which requires attribution.

I'm omitting existing of Media Viewer - it's not important in the case.

When we use file like [[File:Example.jpeg]] (with size, position, alt and so on perhaps) the attribution requirement is fulfilled by the fact that the file is being a link to it's description page where all credits are to be seen.

But we can use it like [[File:Example.jpeg|link=]] or [[File:Example.jpeg|link=Some page]] which would suppress or substitute the link with another link. We can also use images via css or scripts for some backgrounds and so on which is not about the link-parameter but has the same issue in core.

The question is how attribution requirement is being fulfilled in the latter case?

What is general community consensus and WMF position upon it?

I'm sure that I'm not the first wikimedian who notices that thing so the answer should lie on some surface just I don't know where to look for it so I'm asking it in here. This is also not so uncommon and too rare usage to be ignored, I'm sure of it.

I'm looking forward for any answers/comments.

Yours,

Base