On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Yann Forget <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Yann Forget <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> the most urgent and important thing is to fix the
>>> UploadWizard.
>>
>> This is indeed underway, and has been for some time, with focus on bug
>> fixes and code quality improvements.
>>
>> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/q/UploadWizard,n,z
>>
>> Recent work on Media Viewer has been primarily UX prototyping and
>
> I suppose you mean the UploadWizard?

No, I meant that we've done a bunch of work in parallel in August:

- Pau Giner, Abbey Ripstra and Fabrice Florin have primarily focused
on prototyping and validating a bunch of changes to media viewer, with
some help from the dev team. The changes that have tested well are now
being implemented very rapidly.

- The multimedia dev team has spent a fair bit of time doing some
initial UploadWizard refactoring and code cleanup. We've also
contracted Neil Kandalgaonkar, the original UploadWizard developer
(who left WMF a while ago), to help out a bit and provide some history
on the project.

- In addition, the dev team has focused a fair bit on improved
instrumentation (measurement of user actions, success/failures), both
for Media Viewer and Upload Wizard.

Erik
--
Erik Möller