On 06.09.2014 23:14, Romaine Wiki wrote:
Hello all,

I did a couple if simple tests on MediaWiki on Flow pages with often
occurring edits. The tests failed.

So, there is flow, and instead of the community can work with it as it
needs to work with, it does not flow but got stuck...

To answer the question, To Flow or not to Flow, it does not flow. I am not
able to do simple edits which are done every day.

Romaine

Hi Romaine

thanks for the great post.

May be indeed a good starting point would be to invite the community (not only en.wp and large projects, but also non-wikipedia and small projects) to list all functionalities of the talk pages they need and then discuss whether they are absolutely needed or we can survive without them. I am not aware of this discussion ever taken place (at least I am fairly active in several Wikimedia projects for a pretty long time and I have never heard about it).

Cheers
Yaroslav