On 10.10.2014 20:33, Michael Peel wrote:
This is very, very cool. :-) I don’t suppose the monument is freely
licensed? Can Creative Commons licenses even be applied to monuments?

Thanks,
Mike

First, yes it can. A sculptor can give a permission, which would mean that every photo of a monument can be licensed under CC-BY-SA if the photographer wishes. I am sure we had such examples on Commons (they are sent via OTRS).

Second, as it was noticed already, Poland has freedom of panorama for monuments, and therefore a permission from the sculptor is not even needed.

Cheers
Yaroslav