Hi Pine,

We are actively following the case of Cascadia Wikimedians to see whether
we can facilitate the signing of the user group agreement between the user
group and WMFLegal (the group's recognition has been approved by AffCom in
September -- apologies in any delays you have experienced up to that
point).

Also, thank you for your helpful suggestions in general.
Without repeating Lodewijk's letter, I feel it important to point out that
despite a few hiccups, and a higher than usual turnover in volunteers,
AffCom has been very active this year in seeking and responding to
feedback, communicating and improving our processes (including the launch
of the liaison programme, a Twitter feed, simplified user group
recognition). There are still ways to go, and the changing processes,
services and expectations do bring new challenges, andoccassional mistakes
as we have to relearn the way we do things, and adjust to an
increasing/changing workload.

Please do e-mail the AffCom list directly to ask for an update, or to ping
us with regard to your specific application. The high reply time you
experience is an outlier, and there might be an easily to solve
misunderstanding that could be cleared up through the regular channels.

Best regards,
Bence
(personal view)