On 10/16/2014 04:22 AM, Asaf Bartov wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Weeks go by, and the previous conversation was throughly derailed, so out
of a profound interest in ensuring a high-value event, I am bringing this
up again: we[3] *need to make progress* with planning the
working-meeting-featuring-Wikimedia-affiliates-and-WMF-and-the-WMF-Board-and-AffCom[4],
whatever we may end up calling it[1].

In the interest of moving on to focus on more substantive issues, and in
light of there being only a single bid submitted so far[5], may I
boldly *suggest
that it be accepted* and that we devote the rest of the time until the
spring to ensuring the lessons[6] of the previous years be heeded in
*significant
preparatory work* by the program team and the affiliates?

    Asaf

[1] or whatever we may choose to rename it.  The previous thread was
successfully killed by the digression into the event's name.  Let's try to
keep this one on track, and discuss the name ELSEWHERE[2], shall we?
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Conference_2015
[3] yes, not all the hundreds of people on this mailing list.  But this is
still the channel that reaches the greatest number of Wikimedia affiliates.
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2015
[5] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2015/Bids
[6] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Future_of_the_Wikimedia_Conference
Yes, please.