Interesting development. Probably a very good idea for transparency and
good use of the movement's money, and consistency of reporting to make
things comparable is a great goal. I especially think that for smaller
chapters there is lots of value in having a dedicated contact person!

But I find the self-description of the Fellows as "an elite group of global
operatives"[1] a bit degrading to the rest of us...

I presume it's taken a fair while to recruit the team and scope the project
too (I see one linkedin profile which says they've been working already for
two months[3]). So, I wonder - did the Chapters who have been allocated to
each of these new auditors[2] have any notice that this new process was
being created before it was announced today - so they were able to make any
other time-commitments without being surprised by a new layer of paperwork?

Also, I presume that the increased amount of staff/volunteer time needed to
comply with new paperwork will be offset by streamlining this with other
WMF-compliance paperwork?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Oolukoya_(WMF)
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement-wide_Financial_Report#Who_We_Are