Dear all,

As you know, over the last few months I’ve been learning about the work of
the organizations we fund through the many grantmaking programs here at
WMF. I’ve been particularly focusing on the impact evaluations that have
been done on WMF grants with the first round of Impact Reports. [1] I
expect I will learn more from you all in the coming months, and I will be
creating opportunities to do so.

The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Advisory Group met this past May to
review the first years of the FDC’s grantmaking through the Annual Plan
Grants program. I want to thank them for their thoughtful recommendations. [2]

With the Board of Trustees, I’ve carefully reviewed the Advisory Group
recommendations, in order to understand our successes and our challenges.
I would like to outline my current view of our capabilities and our
opportunities, and I am now publishing my response to these recommendations
on Meta. [3]  Please post questions and comments on the Talk page of that
document. [4]

I would like to offer some time for any feedback  or questions you may have
on my response. To that end, I’ll be holding a virtual meeting on Monday
Nov 3 at 17:00 UTC, and I invite you to watch the streaming video and join
the conversation. [5]  You can ask questions via IRC on #wikimedia-office
directly or message FDC support staff, Katy Love (kl...@wikimedia.org or on
IRC at Katy.Love) with questions or comments; she will voice them in the
Hangout.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Lila Tretikov

Executive Director, WMF