Hoi,
A similar possibility is in existence in the Netherlands... National
charities can easily get such a status. It is possible for international
organisations but it is more difficult..

In order to optimise fundraisers it is extremely relevant that we optimise
it for our donors. That makes it very much in need of local efforts.

As it is we lose 50% of the giftst of our donors in the Netherlands to the
taxman.
Thanks,
     GerardM