> Making defamatory comments about Commons volunteers on this list is
> not terribly productive, nor a very nice thing to do when anyone is
> free to express their point of view in the deletion request so that a
> closing admin can consider all rationales put forward, or raise it on
> the user's talk page.

Solving individual problems will not solve the real, underlying
problem: Commons has become an independent project with a obvious
copyright paranoia that cares less about the people actually using
their product (Wiki* projects and 3rd party reusers) and more about
their own interpretations of the rules.

This goes beyond copyright: how can one, in good faith, encourage
non-English speaking contributors to go to a project that is not truly
multi-lingual? How can I explain to occasional users why some of their
pictures were deleted, while others were kept, even though they
pictured the same subject, the main difference being the person that
closed the discussion?

> I commented in two chocolate 'packaging' related deletion requests
> today, before this thread started, my opinion being to keep. Why don't
> you join me in keeping these images in time for Christmas by making
> positive comments and interpreting Commons policies in a non-hostile
> environment?

Commons IS a hostile environment for non-permanent residents. I've
given up on commenting in deletion request, finding it's much less
time-consuming to just copy the picture back to Wikipedia and figure
it out over there.

Strainu